11.16.2009

my latest favs

I haven't kept up with my blog the past few months so in addition to posting my latest happenings from the past months, I'm also posting a list of some of the things I've been enjoying lately (non-law school related). In no particular order and with no particular relevancy, here is what I've been digging lately:

(1) I've been addicted to watching t.v. shows lately. It is a good outlet from the stresses of school and it is also one of the things that Kyle and I enjoy doing together. It gives us the opportunity to spend some good QT together without having to use our brains too much :) Kyle and I have been enjoying watching Dexter and Californication. I have been really digging the Showtime shows lately. Another show that I'm in love with is Glee. It's amazing. A little corny, but so cute, and there is usually a good message. And of course I've been keeping up with my beloved show, The Office. The best part about this addiction is that I can watch them all through my Netflix account or through hulu.com. This is great for me since I, (1) don't have cable and (2) don't usually have time to watch my shows when they air. Also, I'm in love with the show Madmen on AMC. Amazing. I have to sneak over to Kyle's house on Sunday nights to watch this one though.

(2) A lot of law students won't read books for fun during the semester. We already do so much reading for class that it's just hard to get into another book. I am not one of those students. I LOVE to read and will not give it up for anything and law school books just do not stimulate me enough. So every night before bed I read for ~15 minutes. It's not very long, so it takes me a while to finish a book. My latest read is the book "1984" by George Orwell. I was never required to read it in high school and one of my goals is to read as many classics as I can. I'm about half-way through the book and it is really starting to pick up. It is quite thought-provoking and I've decided that I like it so far. What are you all reading? Any suggestions?

(3) Noodles. For those of you out West this phrase will not elicit the same "mmmmm, yummy" response as it does up here. I have discovered a wonderful place called Noodles & Company. It's delish. My favorite thing to eat is their Wisconsin Mac-N-Cheese dipped in sirachi hot sauce. Seriously amazing stuff. I hope they open one in AZ soon.

(4) I've been thinking a lot about what classes I should take next semester. Next semester will be my LAST semester of law school. I am so excited to be done. But I'm also sad that this will be the last time I get to register for classes and I don't want to regret not taking something. So far I've decided to take Corporations, Criminal Law, and Civil Advocacy Clinic. I register tomorrow, so we'll see if I stick with my plan.

(5) Cafe World. This is by far the lamest of my latest favorite things. If you are on facebook then I'm sure you are bombarded with constant messages about Farmville or Mafia or whatever the flavor of the day is. This is one of those flavors. You build & design your own cafe and cook and serve food to your patrons. With each dish you serve you earn more points and level-up. This allows you to buy more stoves and serve more varieties of food. Yes, I am a nerd. My boyfriend makes fun of me constantly for playing. I think it's just my 3rd year senior-itis kicking in :)

0 comments: