Last weekend Kyle and I went to the MN state fair with a bunch of our friends. I love going to the fair. I don't go for the rides, but for the FOOD! It is sooo amazingly yummy, yet so bad for you at the same time. The MN state fair is way better than the AZ state fair. I'm not sure how to explain it. It's great for people watching and you really can get almost anything on a stick.
Some of the yummies we ate this year were:
fried cheese curds (best curds EVER)
french fries
fried candy bar (i had a milky way - surprisingly tasty)
pronto pup (aka corn dog)
corn on the cob
garlic pretzel
sweet martha's cookies
beeeeer :)
The best part about going with my boyfriend is that we split everything - so I don't feel so bad about eating this junk ;)
Here are some pics from the day:
My friend Amanda and I
Kyle and I
We saw the lumberjack competition while we were there. They chopped logs, climbed trees and threw axes!
Our friends, Andy and Jenny
Kyle and I on the bus ride there. They have park n' rides set up all over the city so you don't have to deal with parking at the fair.
9.07.2009
state fair
Posted by Katie B. at 8:34 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ahhh! Lumberjack competition! I've only seen those on TV but they are so amazing! There is a fair going on here too. Greg and I walked through the fair this weekend but it was full of teeny boppers and it made us feel like creepy old people!!!
How fun. the only complaint I havae about the state fair is how dang expensive the whole thing is. But it is super fun:) Cute pictures.
Post a Comment