8.11.2009

F-A-M-I-L-Y

Can I just tell you how stressful it is to have your brother and father stay with you for a week and a half in a one bedroom apt... well it's stressful!

Although, dad + brother =

new lamps for my living room
my computer area organized
shelves hung
pictures framed
pictures and paintings hung
new curtains in kitchen
working radio antennae
working TV antennae
learning to drive my new (used) stick shift truck
home cooked meals
all wires in my house are nicely lined and tacked to the wall
a working steamer
a new clothing line to hang clothes
and many, many other helpful things

After living in my apt for a year, I'm finally turning it into a home. Pictures to follow once everything is done! I'm so glad my dad and brother could come visit me (even if it was for the purpose of bringing me a new car). I doubt I would have gotten any of this stuff done around my house without them. Sometimes you just need the help of a dad to get things done :)

One thing not many people know about my dad is that he is relatively design/style savvy. Therefore, we had a few heated discussions about the best way to decorate my apartment. My favorite convo of the week was my dad and I arguing in Ikea about what color curtains to get for my kitchen... I wanted a nice deep red color, he wanted this light red and blue checkered pattern. He wanted matching seat cushions, I thought seat cushions were useless. I won, of course. It is my place after all. You all will have to let me know what you think once I post pictures!

7 comments:

Chelsey Howard said...

How exciting!! One to have your apartment all done up and 2 that you got to have family visit:) I cant wait to see the pictures:)

Greg♥Amelia said...

Holy cow you got a lot done! I did not know that your dad was a design expert, you are very lucky! I'm having house guests this weekend, my mom, her boyfriend, and my grandparetns! Four people to entertain for 3 days is stressing me out, I could not imagine a week and a half!!!

Adell said...

How fun! Can't wait to see the finished product!

angela hardison said...

Yeah, let's see some photos! Sounds like the stress of having them there was well worth what you got out of it.

(And just wanted to say thanks for the sweet comment on my blog!)

Natalie said...

That's so cool! How fun it is to decorate! I love it. That's awesome that you'll start your couponing next week. I hope it goes well. it really is fun to find the best deals!

Greg♥Amelia said...

Your last year will FLY by, I promise! The painful part is that I have a job, I'm contracted and everything, so I have even more pressure for my stupid license to come! I'm losing my mind.

Jenna Hardy said...

Hi Katie!!! Sounds like you are doing great. How fun to have family in town. My sister just moved away to San Diego for law school. Its gonna be hard work- I know your prob. use to it. How much longer do you have???