11.16.2009

wedding season

As most of you know, I am from Mesa, AZ (woot woot)! Therefore, most of my good friends from growing-up have been married since before the beginning of time. It doesn't faze me to hear that someone is getting married or having their umpteenth child. It's just the usual for me. Well it is not the usual for my boyfriend. Some of you may not know this, but Kyle is five years older than me (that makes him 30 - hehe - he's old!). Most of his friends are just getting around to the whole marriage thing. So this past summer we traveled across the Midwest to several of his friends' weddings. We had such a blast and it was wonderful to meet a lot of his college friends for the first time. Our destinations included: Chicago, Milwaukee and Madison. I love all three of these cities so it was a treat to have an excuse to visit them. Kyle belonged to a fraternity in undergrad and is still very good friends with many of his "brothers." It is a tradition for all of the brothers to gather around the bride and sing a special song to her with the groom. It is just the cutest thing ever! I didn't get very many pictures, but here are the few I did get.


0 comments: