8.14.2008

{NEW YORK}



This past weekend I was able to go on a business trip to New York City. It was my first time and I had an absolute blast! We stayed at the Grand Hyatt Hotel right next to Grand Central Station. I did a lot of sightseeing and walking around. A few of the things I did: rode the subway, walked around Times Square, went to the MET, the MoMa, the Guggenheim, and the Museum of Natural History, went to the top of the Empire State building, went to Liberty Island (statute of liberty), and Elis Island, ate lunch in the trendy meat-packing district, walked around the Village and Soho, stayed out till 4am, saw a bum get beat up by the police, saw where they filmed Carrie's apartment on sex and the city, saw mice running around in a bar (they were coming out of the walls), went to Dylan’s Candy Bar, witnessed the Dominican Republic parade (there were a ton of people – it was neat to see what a parade is like in Manhattan), walked through Central Park, hailed a cab, ate a yummy steak, saw the twin towers site, and much much more! I was also able to meet up with a couple of AZ friends (Natasha and Shauna) who were in the city at the same time. I had a such a wonderful time and would move there in a heart beat :)


4 comments:

Unknown said...

SO jealous of your whole trip! I am suppose to go there with a good friend who is going to Columbia University, but my funds are limited and I can't go! I was sad.

I didn't know that you met up with Shawna? How fun!

angela hardison said...

I love New York (who doesn't?)! Looks like you had a great time.

About the photo editor -- I use Photoshop for my pictures and collages. If you know how to use the program, you can do almost anything :)

Anonymous said...

that is so fun, i just went with my family it was so fun, i am glad you are doing well. it would be so fun to get together sometime, i haven't seen you in forever....someday!

Chelsey Howard said...

Hi Katie, how the heck are you? It sound like your doing good:) I am so jealous that you got to go to N.Y.C. I have only been there once and it was only for 2 days, so I didn't get to see all the things that you did, but I LOVE New York! I is one of my fav. places:)